Inspired by the flavours of North Africa, this hearty, meatless twist on the usual chili will fill your home with exotic spice aromas while cooking.
INGREDIENTS 6 SERVINGS
- 1 tablespoon (15 milliliters) olive oil
- 1 small onion , chopped
- 1 medium zucchini , chopped
- 1 tablespoon (15 milliliters) tomato paste
- 1 pkg (24 grams) One bowl moroccan seasoning mix
- 4 teaspoons (20 milliliters) Chili Powder
- 1 can (796 milliliters) diced tomatoes
- 1 can (540 milliliters) chickpeas , drained and rinsed
- 1 can (540 milliliters) black beans , drained and rinsed
- 1 cup (250 milliliters) frozen or fresh corn kernels
- 1/2 cup (125 milliliters) water
- 1 Set an electric pressure cooker, such as the Instant Pot, to “sauté” setting. Add oil and heat for 1 minute. Add onion; cook, stirring occasionally, until beginning to soften, about 3 minutes. Stir in zucchini, tomato paste, Moroccan seasoning and chili powder; cook for 1 minute, being careful not to burn the seasoning.
- 2 Stir in diced tomatoes, chickpeas, black beans, corn and water. Place lid on pressure cooker and turn to seal. Set steam vent to “sealing”; press “manual” and set to HIGH pressure for 15 minutes. Allow to come to pressure and cook. Once time expires, allow natural pressure release (or if in a hurry, wait 10-15 minutes, then carefully turn quick release valve to venting to release steam).
- 3 Stir chili, then spoon into bowls. Serve with your favourite toppings.
Test Kitchen Tip:
• Try topping with sour cream, chopped avocado and green onions.
• This can also be made stovetop in a pot or even in a slow cooker.