Serve warm with diced avocado, chopped green onions and sour cream or plain yogurt for garnishing.
INGREDIENTS 6 SERVINGS
- 2 tablespoons (30 milliliters) vegetable oil
- 1 lb (500 grams) ground chicken
- 1 onion , diced
- 2 celery stalks , diced
- 1 sweet yellow or red pepper , diced
- 3 tablespoons (45 milliliters) tomato paste
- 2 teaspoons (10 milliliters) Chili Pepper Chipotle
- 2 teaspoons (10 milliliters) Cumin Ground
- 1 teaspoon (5 milliliters) Minced Garlic
- 3/4 teaspoon (3 milliliters) salt
- 1 can (796 milliliters) diced tomatoes
- 1 can (540 milliliters) black beans , drained and rinsed
- 3/4 cup (175 milliliters) fresh or frozen corn kernels
- 1 In large saucepan or Dutch oven, heat oil over medium-high heat; brown chicken, breaking up with spoon. Add onion, celery and sweet pepper; cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes. Stir in tomato paste, Chipotle Chili Powder, cumin, garlic and salt; cook, stirring, for 1 minute.
- 2 Add tomatoes, beans and corn; bring to boil. Reduce heat to medium-low, partially cover and simmer, stirring occasionally, until beginning to thicken, 20 to 30 minutes.
Test Kitchen Tip:
• Chipotle Chili Pepper can be replaced with McCormick Gourmet Chili Powder, if preferred, and chicken can be replaced with ground turkey or lean ground beef.