Lusciously smooth, this soup is just the right balance of roasted squash, herbs and spices. Enjoy it on cool fall evenings or as a starter for holiday meals.
INGREDIENTS 10 SERVINGS
- 2 butternut squash
- 2 tablespoon (30 milliliter) olive oil, divided
- 1 cup (250 milliliter) diced onion
- 1/3 cup (75 milliliter) Liquid Honey Beehive
- 1/3 cup (75 milliliter) pine nuts, toasted lightly
- 1 tablespoon (15 milliliter) Minced Garlic
- 1 teaspoon (5 milliliter) Sage Ground
- 1 teaspoon (5 milliliter) Cumin Ground
- 2 cups (500 milliliter) vegetable stock
- 5 cups (1 1/5 liter) water
- 1/4 teaspoon (1 milliliter) ginger roasted ground (mccormick )
- 1/2 teaspoon Sea Salt Grinder
- 1/2 teaspoon Ground Black Pepper
- 1 Preheat oven to 400°F (200°C). Cut butternut squash in half lengthwise and remove seeds. Brush with 1 tbsp olive oil.
- 2 Place on baking sheet and roast for 35 to 45 minutes or until tender. Scoop out squash into bowl and set aside.
- 3 In a large saucepan on medium-high heat, add olive oil and onion, sauté for 3 minutes. Add squash and remaining ingredients except for pine nuts. Bring to a boil, and then simmer for about 15 minutes. Remove from heat.
- 4 Puree in batches in a blender or food processor until smooth. To serve, garnish with pine nuts.