Combined with One Skillet Tex-Mex Chicken and Vegetables Seasoning Mix, chicken, vegetables and beans come together in a single skillet for an easy weeknight meal. Tastes great served up in tacos, rice bowls or over greens.
INGREDIENTS 5 SERVINGS
- 1 package One Skillet Tex Mex Chicken and Vegetables
- 2 tablespoons (30 milliliters) oil, divided
- 1 pound (500 grams) boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 medium bell pepper, chopped
- 1 can (540 milliliters) black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 can (341 milliliters) whole kernel corn, drained
- 1/2 cup (125 milliliters) water
- 1 Heat 1 tablespoon of the oil in large nonstick skillet on medium-high heat. Add chicken; cook 3 to 5 minutes or until browned. Remove from skillet.
- 2 Add remaining oil and pepper to skillet. Cook 3 minutes or until tender crisp. Add Seasoning Mix, beans, corn and water. Bring to boil. Return chicken to skillet.
- 3 Reduce heat; cover and simmer 5 minutes or until chicken is cooked through (165°F/74°C), stirring occasionally.
- 4 Test Kitchen Tip: Taco Night? Place cooked mixture in a flour tortilla and top with your favorite taco toppings such as sour cream, guacamole and salsa.