Pork roast comes out of the pressure cooker sweet and tangy, fork-tender and ready to shred and pile high into sandwiches for the ultimate family-style BBQ meal.
INGREDIENTS 10 SERVINGS
- 2 1/2 to 3 pounds (1.1 to 1.4 kilograms) boneless pork roast (leg or shoulder) , fat trimmed off and cut into 3 to 5 large pieces
- 1 package (45 grams) Slow Cookers BBQ Pulled Pork
- 1/2 cup (125 milliliters) French's® Tomato Ketchup
- 1/2 cup (124 milliliters) brown sugar
- 1/2 cup (125 milliliters) cider vinegar
- 3/4 cup (175 milliliters) water
- 1 Place pieces of pork in an electric pressure cooker, such as the Instant Pot.
- 2 Combine remaining ingredients and pour over pork.
- 3 Set vent to sealing and set to high pressure for 100 minutes. When timer is finished, allow pressure to naturally release for 10 minutes before opening vent and allowing manual pressure release.
- 4 Remove pork from pot and using two forks, shred. Set aside.
- 5 Set pot to sauté and allow sauce to reduce for 15-20 minutes, or until desired consistency.
- 6 Return shredded pork to the pressure cooker and mix with sauce until well coated.
- 7 Serve on a bun with your favourite toppings.