Full of tender beef, hearty potatoes and the rich flavour of Club House® Brown Gravy Mix, this filling, family-friendly beef stew is made right in your Instant Pot® - the perfect addition to your weeknight dinner round-up.
INGREDIENTS 8 SERVINGS
beef stew cubes (about 1-inch/2.5-cm cubes)
- boneless chuck roast, cut into 1- inch/2.5-cm cubes
- 1 teaspoon (5 milliliters) Ground Black Pepper
- 2 tablespoons (30 milliliters) vegetable oil , divided
- 1 medium yellow onions , chopped
- 2 tablespoons (30 milliliters) tomato paste
- 2 cups (500 milliliters) water
- 2 packages CLUB HOUSE BROWN GRAVY MIX
- 1 pound (500 grams) all-purpose or Yukon gold potatoes , cut into 1-inch (2.5-cm) chunks
- 3/4 pound (375 grams) carrots , cut into 1-inch (2.5-cm) chunks
- 1 Pat beef dry with paper towels. Sprinkle evenly with black pepper. Heat 1 tablespoon (15 ml) of the oil in Instant Pot on Sauté setting. Add half of the beef to pot. Cook and stir 6 to 8 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove from pot. Repeat with remaining 1 tablespoon (15 ml) oil and beef. Remove beef; set aside.
- 2 Add onion to pot. Cook and stir 6 minutes or until lightly browned. Stir in tomato paste. Cook and stir 1 minute, until darkened in color. Add water to pot, stirring to scrape up any brown bits. Stir in gravy mix. Return beef to pot. Add potatoes and carrots. Close lid. Set Valve to Seal.
- 3 Set to cook for 25 minutes on HIGH PRESSURE/MANUAL. When done, allow pressure to release naturally. Open the lid once pressure inside the pot is completely released. (Check manufacturer’s manual for safe operating directions.) Serve immediately.