Comfort fare at its finest! This rich stew flecked with classic Italian spices is a stick-to-your-ribs meal for a cold day.
INGREDIENTS 6 SERVINGS
- 2 tablespoon (30 milliliter) extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 pound (500 gram) boneless skinless turkey breast, 1 in (2 cm) cubes
- 3 cups (750 milliliter) sliced mushrooms
- 2 cups (500 milliliter) cubed onions, ½ in (1 cm)
- 1 cup (250 milliliter) each cubed carrots and celery ½ in (1 cm)
- 1 teaspoon (5 milliliter) Garlic, Prepared Minced , in oil
- 3 tablespoon (45 milliliter) Italiano
- 1 tablespoon (15 milliliter) Rice Flour
- 1 cup (250 milliliter) each low sodium chicken broth and water
- 2 cups (500 milliliter) milk
- 1 In large skillet, heat 1 tbsp (15 mL) oil over med-hi heat. Brown turkey on all sides for 2 minutes. Remove and set aside. Reduce heat to med-low.
- 2 To same skillet, add 1 tbsp (15 mL) oil, mushrooms, onions, carrots, celery and garlic. Cook until soft, 3 to 5 minutes, stirring frequently.
- 3 Stir in seasoning and rice flour. Cook for 1 minute. Stir in chicken broth, water and milk. Bring to a boil.
- 4 Return turkey to pan. Reduce heat, cover and simmer 30 to 45 minutes or until turkey and vegetables are tender.
- 5 Serve over cooked rice