Whether served hot or cold, or breakfast or dinner, this simple yet satisfying meatless dish is like a baked frittata or thick, flat omelette with potatoes and zesty seasonings.
INGREDIENTS 4 SERVINGS
- 1 package (25 grams) One Bowl Argentine Seasoning Mix
- 1/4 cup (60 milliliters) olive oil
- 10 ounces (300 grams) baby new potatoes (about 10) , thinly sliced
- 1 onion , thinly sliced
- 6 eggs
- 4 cups (1 liter) baby arugula or baby spinach
- 2 teaspoons (10 milliliters) red wine vinegar
- 1 Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C). In large bowl, stir Power Bowl Seasoning and all but 1 tsp (5 mL) of the oil.
- 2 Heat 10-inch (25 cm) nonstick ovenproof skillet over medium heat; add half of the oil mixture, the potatoes, onion and ½ cup (125 mL) water. Cook, stirring often, until liquid evaporates and potatoes are golden and tender, 15 to 18 minutes.
- 3 In separate bowl, whisk eggs; stir in the hot potato mixture. Wipe out skillet; brush with remaining 1 tsp (5 mL) olive oil. Pour in egg and potato mixture; cook until edge begins to set, 2 or 3 minutes. Transfer skillet to oven. Bake until golden and eggs are completely set, about 15 minutes.
- 4 Meanwhile, toss arugula and vinegar in bowl with reserved oil mixture to coat. Slide tortilla out onto serving plate or cutting board. Cut into wedges and serve with salad.
Test Kitchen Tip:
• If skillet handle is not ovenproof, wrap tightly in foil.
• If no baby potatoes available, instead use 3 medium-size yellow-flesh potatoes in bite-size slices.