Start your day with this Mediterranean-inspired meal-in-a-bowl that’s made with zesty, savoury spices. It’s ideal served as weeknight dinner, too.
INGREDIENTS 4 SERVINGS
- 1 package (24 grams) one bowl greek seasoning mix
- 4 tablespoons (60 milliliters) olive oil , divided
- 1 sweet red pepper , diced
- 3 green onions , thinly sliced
- 2 cups (500 milliliters) loosely packed spinach leaves
- 2 cups (500 milliliters) cooked brown or white rice , warm
- 8 eggs
- 2/3 cup (150 milliliters) crumbled feta cheese
- 1/2 cup (125 milliliters) sliced black olives
- 1 In a small bowl, combine 3 tbsp (45 mL) oil and seasoning mix.
- 2 Combine half the oil and seasoning blend with cooked warm rice, set aside.
- 3 Heat medium saucepan over medium heat with remaining half of the oil mixture; add red pepper, green onions and spinach. Cook, stirring occasionally, until softened and spinach is wilted, 3 to 5 minutes.
- 4 Meanwhile, beat eggs in bowl. Heat nonstick skillet over medium heat with remaining 1 tbsp (15 mL) oil; pour in eggs. Cook, stirring often, until eggs are scrambled and set, 3 to 5 minutes.
- 5 Spoon seasoned rice into bowls; top with spinach mixture, scrambled eggs, feta and olives.
Test Kitchen Tip:
• Use any favourite cooked grain in place of rice, such as quinoa, bulgur or oats.