Deceptively simple and oh-so-delicious, these cajun scallops come together in a snap and are reminiscent of classic New Orleans fare.
INGREDIENTS 4 SERVINGS
- 1 (500 gram) fresh or thawed sea scallops
- 1 tablespoon (15 milliliter) vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup (125 milliliter) each, chopped celery, onion and green bell pepper
- 1 cup (250 milliliter) instant rice
- 1/2 cup (125 milliliter) Cajun Style Seafood Marinade
- 2/3 cup (165 milliliter) boiling water
- 1 Rinse scallops; pat dry with paper towels.
- 2 In large non-stick skillet, heat vegetable oil over medium-high heat. Sauté celery, onion and bell pepper until tender, about 2 minutes.
- 3 Add scallops and cook 2 to 3 minutes per side or until scallops are opaque.
- 4 Stir in remaining ingredients. Bring to a boil. Cover and remove from heat. Let stand 5 minutes and serve.