Recipe and Photo Credit: Chef Lorelei Simbulan (@thechefcapital_l)
INGREDIENTS 6 SERVINGS
- 1 medium butternut squash
- 4 tablespoons (60 milliliters) olive oil , divided, plus more for drizzling
- 1 gala apple , peeled, cored and quartered
- 1 Asian pear , peeled, cored and quartered
- 2 Bartlett pears , peeled, cored and quartered
- 1 tablespoon (15 milliliters) Pumpkin Pie Spice , plus more for garnish
- 2 teaspoons (10 milliliters) Curry Powder
- 1 teaspoon (5 milliliters) Ground Allspice
- 1 teaspoon (5 milliliters) Cloves, Ground
- 1 teaspoon (5 milliliters) Ginger, Ground
- 1 teaspoon (5 milliliters) Ground Turmeric
- 1 large shallot , peeled and chopped
- 1/4 cup (60 milliliters) dry sherry
- 4 cups (1 liter) vegetable broth , divided, as needed
- 1/4 cup (60 milliliters) maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon (5 miligram) Ground Cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon (5 milliliters) Ground Nutmeg
- Salt and pepper , to taste
- Coconut cream , garnish
- Pumpkin seeds , garnish
- Salt-Free Garlic and Herb , garnish
- 1 Preheat oven to 425°F (°C). Cut butternut squash lengthwise; remove and discard seeds. Brush with 2 tablespoons (30ml) of the olive oil, season with salt and pepper. Place squash cut-side down on large parchment-lined baking pan. Toss apple and pears with 1 tablespoon (15ml) of the remaining olive oil and season with Pumpkin Pie Spice. Set aside.
- 2 Roast squash 20 minutes. Add apples and pears to baking pan. Roast 20 minutes longer or until squash is tender.
- 3 Heat remaining 1 tablespoon (15ml) olive oil in large saucepan. Sauté shallots until translucent. Add curry, allspice, cloves, ginger and turmeric; stir to combine. Cook 1 to 2 minutes until fragrant. Deglaze saucepan with sherry, scraping to remove browned bits from bottom of saucepan. Transfer mixture to blender container.
- 4 Scoop roasted squash into blender container, discarding skin. Add roasted pears and apple, 3 cups of the vegetable broth, maple syrup, nutmeg and cinnamon. (Work in batches if needed—be careful not to fill past the maximum fill line and avoid hot steam escaping from the top.) Cover, removing center cap to allow steam to escape.
- 5 Blend on high speed until soup is smooth and creamy. Return pureed mixture to saucepan and heat through, adding remaining broth to reach desired consistency. Stir in salt and pepper to taste.
- 6 To serve, drizzle with coconut cream, and sprinkle with pumpkin seeds, Pumpkin Pie Spice and Garlic & Herb Seasoning.
NUTRITION INFORMATION(per Serving)
Nutrition information coming soon.