This reinvented version of the favourite holiday cookie features a gingerbread cookie with a white and milk chocolate swirled kiss-shaped candy.
INGREDIENTS 30 SERVINGS
- 3 cups (750 milliliters) flour
- 2 teaspoons (10 milliliters) Ginger, Ground
- 1 teaspoon (5 milliliters) Ground Cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon (5 milliliters) baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon (1 milliliters) Ground Nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon (1 milliliters) salt
- 3/4 cup (1 1/2 sticks) (170g) butter , softened
- 3/4 cup (175 milliliters) firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup (125 milliliters) molasses
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon (5 milliliters) Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1/4 cup (60 milliliters) granulated sugar
- 60 white and milk chocolate swirled kiss-shaped candies
- 1 Mix flour, ginger, cinnamon, baking soda, nutmeg and salt in large bowl. Set aside. Beat butter and brown sugar in large bowl with electric mixer on medium speed until light and fluffy. Add molasses, egg and vanilla; mix well. Gradually beat in flour mixture on low speed until well mixed. Press dough into a thick flat disk. Wrap in plastic wrap. Refrigerate 4 hours or overnight.
- 2 Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C). Shape dough into 1-inch (2 ½-cm) balls. Roll in granulated sugar to coat. Place 2 inches (5-cm) apart on ungreased baking sheets.
- 3 Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until edges of cookies just begin to brown. Immediately press a chocolate candy into center of each cookie. Remove to wire racks; cool completely. Store cookies in airtight container up to 5 days.
- 4 For a festive holiday twist, drizzle cookies with melted chocolate and sprinkle with Cake Mate Décors!