Made with dried tropical fruit, nuts, shredded coconut and both Pure Vanilla and Imitation Rum Extracts, these homemade energy balls are the perfect snack for fueling busy days.
INGREDIENTS 24 SERVINGS
- 1/2 cup (125 milliliter) dried pineapple
- 1/2 cup (125 milliliter) dried mango, roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup (60 milliliter) dried apricots
- 1/2 cup (125 milliliter) pecans
- 1/4 cup (60 milliliter) chia seeds
- 3/4 cup (175 milliliter) unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1/2 teaspoon (2 milliliter) Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1/4 teaspoon (1 miligram) Imitation Rum Extract
- 1 Place dried fruit in a small bowl. Add enough hot water to cover fruit and set aside.
- 2 Combine pecans, coconut and chia seeds in food processor. Pulse until coarse meal forms.
- 3 Drain fruit and add to food processor. Add extracts. Pulse until mixture holds together when pinched. Form into 1-inch (2.5 cm) balls.
- 4 Store in an airtight container in the fridge.