Ground meat and Club House® spices are baked into a refrigerated pie crust (hello shortcut!) to create a pie so good you’ll make it for the holidays, and all year long.
INGREDIENTS 8 SERVINGS
- 1 tablespoon (15 milliliters) vegetable oil
- 3/4 pound (375 grams) lean ground beef
- 1 pound (500 grams) ground pork
- 1 cup (250 milliliters) finely chopped yellow onion
- 1 tablespoon (15 milliliters) finely chopped fresh garlic
- 2 tablespoons (30 milliliters) flour
- 1/8 teaspoon (1/2 milliliter) Ground Cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon (1/2 milliliter) Ground Nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon (1 milliliter) Cloves, Ground
- 1/4 teaspoon (1 milliliter) Sage Ground
- 1 teaspoon (5 milliliters) Sea Salt Grinder
- 1/2 teaspoon (2 milliliters) Pepper Black Ground
- 1/2 cup (125 milliliters) water
- 2 tablespoon (30 milliliters) corn starch
- 1 package (400 grams) refrigerated pie crusts (2 (9-inch/23-cm) crusts)
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- French's® Tomato Ketchup , to serve
- 1 Preheat oven to 450°F (230°C). Heat oil in large skillet on high heat. Add ground beef and pork; cook and stir 5 minutes. Stir in onion and garlic; cook 5 minutes longer or until onions are softened. Sprinkle flour over top of meat mixture along with spices, salt and pepper. Cook and stir 3 minutes.
- 2 Whisk water and corn starch in small bowl until well blended. Stir mixture into skillet. Cook and stir 3 minutes. Remove from heat and cool slightly.
- 3 Prepare pie crusts as directed on package for two-crust pie using 9-inch (23-cm) pie plate. Spoon cooled meat mixture into pastry-lined pie plate. Top with second crust. Seal edges and brush top crust with beaten egg. Cut several slits on top to allow steam to escape.
- 4 Bake 40 to 45 minutes or until golden brown. Let stand 10 to 15 minutes before cutting and serving. Serve with Ketchup.