Chill out with layer upon layer of refreshing flavour in this savory parfait. Every spoonful of beets whipped with Greek yogurt, and fluffy, lemony feta mixture is full of feel-good flavour to help you “beet the heat.”
Chill out with layer upon layer of refreshing flavour in this savory parfait. Every spoonful of beets whipped with Greek yogurt, and fluffy, lemony feta mixture is full of feel-good flavour to help you “beet the heat.”Read More Read Less
INGREDIENTS 6 SERVINGS
- 2 cups (500 milliliters) beets , roasted, peeled and cooled
- 2 cups (500 milliliters) plain Greek yogurt , divided
- 1/2 cup (125 milliliters) grated cucumber
- 2 tablespoons (30 milliliters) tahini
- 4 teaspoons (20 milliliters) fresh lemon juice , divided
- 3/4 teaspoons (4 milliliters) salt
- 3/4 teaspoon (4 milliliters) Ground Black Pepper , divided
- 1/2 teaspoon (2 milliliters) Organic Ground Coriander
- 1/4 teaspoon (1 milliliter) Cumin, Ground
- 1 teaspoon (5 milliliters) lemon zest
- 3 tablespoons (45 milliliters) extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup (250 milliliters) crumbled feta cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon (1 milliliter) Red Pepper Crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon (1 milliliter) Dill Weed
- 3/4 cup (175 milliliters) roasted pistachios , shelled and coarsely chopped
- 1 Place beets in blender container; cover. Puree until smooth; set aside. Press grated cucumber between sheets of paper towels; squeeze out as much liquid as possible, repeating until mostly dry.
- 2 Mix beet puree, 1 cup (250 ml) of the Greek yogurt, cucumber, tahini, 1 teaspoon of the lemon juice, salt, 1/2 teaspoon (2 ml) of the black pepper, coriander and cumin in large bowl with wire whisk until well blended. Cover. Refrigerate at least 30 minutes to allow flavours to blend.
- 3 Meanwhile, place remaining 1 cup (250 ml) Greek yogurt, 3 teaspoons (15 ml) lemon juice, 1/4 teaspoon (1 ml) black pepper, lemon zest, olive oil, feta, crushed red pepper and dill weed in food processor; cover. Process until smooth, scraping down sides as needed. Transfer to bowl; cover. Refrigerate at least 30 minutes to allow flavours to blend.
- 4 To assemble parfaits, spoon 2 tablespoons (30 ml) of the feta mixture into bottom of 6 (8-ounce/250 ml) parfait glasses. Sprinkle with 1 tablespoon (15 ml) of pistachios and layer with 1/2 cup (250 ml) of the beet mixture. Top with another layer of feta mixture and garnish with remaining pistachios. Serve chilled.
Test Kitchen Tips:
•Parfaits can be assembled and refrigerated up to 2 hours before serving. If assembled for longer than 2 hours, the beet layer will bleed into the feta layers.
•To roast beets, preheat oven to 425°F (220°C). Wrap trimmed and cleaned beets in foil. Place in shallow baking pan. Roast 1 hour or until beets are tender when pierced with small knife. Cool until able to handle. Peel then coarsely chop beets, if desired.