- 3 cups (555 grams) dry kidney beans
- 4 cups (1 liter) water , divided, plus more for soaking beans
- 6 tablespoons (90 milliliters) oil
- 4 medium yellow onions , peeled and very finely chopped
- 4 ;arge tomatoes , very finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon (15 milliliters) Cumin, Ground
- 1 tablespoon (15 milliliters) Ginger, Ground
- 1 1/2 teaspoons (7 milliliters) Ground Cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon (2 milliliters) CLUB HOUSE CRUSHED RED PEPPER
- Salt , to taste
- Pepper Black Ground
- 1 Soak beans in water 5 to 6 hours. Drain well. Transfer soaked beans to pressure cooker pot. Add 3 1/2 cups (875ml). Close and seal lid. Set to cook 15 to 20 minutes to boil beans. Allow pressure to release. Drain any remaining water.
- 2 Heat oil in large, deep skillet on medium heat. Add onion; cook and stir until softened and golden brown. Stir in remaining ingredients. Cook and stir until mixture resembles a paste, about 10 minutes. Stir in salt and pepper, to taste.
- 3 Stir beans into mixture in skillet until well blended. Reduce heat to low; cook 5 minutes or until heated through. (If mixture is too dry, add remaining 1/2 cup (125ml) water. For more flavor, use vegetable stock in place of water.)
- 4 Serve Rajma with rice or mixed vegetables. Garnish with Club House® Basil Leaves or Ground Coriander, if desired. Enjoy!
- 5 Want to prepare without a pressure cooker? After soaking kidney beans, drain and transfer to a large pot. Add 9 cups (2.25L) water and bring to boil. Boil 10 minutes. Reduce heat and simmer 50 to 60 minutes until tender. Drain well. Set aside until ready to use.
NUTRITION INFORMATION(per Serving)
Nutrition information coming soon.