Is it a carrot cake bar? Is it a cheesecake bar? It's both! This cheesecake bar recipe combines the spiced sweetness of traditional carrot cake with creamy, smooth cheesecake and lemon extract for an irresistible dessert.
- 1 cup (250 ml) plus 2 tablespoons (30 ml) flour divided
- 2 cups (500 ml) sugar divided
- 1 1/2 tsps (7 ml) Ground Cinnamon
- 1 tsp (5 ml) baking soda
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) Ground Nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml) salt
- 2/3 cup (150 ml) vegetable oil
- 4 eggs divided
- 2 tsps (10 ml) Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1 1/2 cups (375 ml) finely grated carrots
- 3 pkgs (250 grams each) cream cheese softened
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) milk
- 1 tsp (5 ml) Pure Lemon Extract
- 1 Preheat oven to 325°F (160ºC). Mix 1 cup (250 ml) each of the flour and sugar, cinnamon, baking soda, nutmeg and salt in large bowl. Add oil, 2 of the eggs, vanilla extract and carrots; mix well. Spread 1/2 of the batter into greased and floured 13x9-inch (33x23cm) baking pan. Reserve remaining batter. Set aside.
- 2 Beat cream cheese and remaining 1 cup (250 g) sugar in another large bowl with electric mixer on medium speed until well blended. Add milk, remaining 2 tablespoons (30 ml) flour and lemon extract; beat until well blended. Add remaining 2 eggs, 1 at a time, beating on low speed after each addition just until blended.
- 3 Drop spoonfuls of the cream cheese mixture and reserved carrot cake batter, alternately, over the carrot cake batter in pan. Cut through several times with knife for marble effect.
- 4 Bake 40 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan on wire rack.