This nostalgic twist on traditional carrot cake is just in time for Easter. Smother delicious spiced carrot cake with decadent creamy filling and top with classic sweet cream cheese frosting. Sprinkle with pecans before serving and welcome the new star of your dessert table.
INGREDIENTS 24 SERVINGS
- Carrot Cake
- 1 1/2 cups (375 milliliter) all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons (7 milliliter) baking soda
- 1 1/2 teaspoons (7 milliliter) Ground Cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon (1 milliliter) Ground Nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon (1 milliliter) salt
- 3/4 cups (175 milliliters) oil
- 1 1/2 cups (375 milliliter) granulated sugar
- 3 eggs
- 2 teaspoons (10 milliliter) Pure Vanilla Extract
- 2 cups (500 milliliters) shredded carrots
- 1 cup (250 milliliters) sour cream
- 2 cups (500 milliliter) plus 4 tablespoons (60mL) milk , divided
cheesecake instant pudding mix
- vanilla instant pudding mix
- 2 packages (250g each) cream cheese , softened
- 1 teaspoon (5 milliliter) Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1 package (500 gram) icing sugar
- 1 cup (250 milliliters) pecan halves
- 1 Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C). For the Cake, mix flour, baking soda, spices and salt in large bowl. Add remaining ingredients; mix well. Pour batter into greased 13x9-inch (33x23-cm) baking dish.
- 2 Bake 45 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool completely in pan.
- 3 Poke large holes all over cake using the end of a wooden spoon. After holes are made, mix 2 cups (500ml) of the milk and pudding mix with wire whisk in medium bowl just until mixture begins to thicken. Immediately pour pudding over cake, filling the holes. Let stand 15 minutes.
- 4 Meanwhile, beat cream cheese and vanilla in large bowl with electric mixer on medium speed until well blended. Gradually add icing sugar, beating on low speed until smooth. Add remaining 4 tablespoons (60ml) milk; beat until light and fluffy. If frosting is too thick to spread, gradually beat in additional milk.
- 5 Frost top of cake with cream cheese frosting. Sprinkle with pecans. Refrigerate at least 1 hour or until ready to serve.