This homemade spice blend features warming spices like cinnamon to create warmth and balance in any number of dishes.
INGREDIENTS 4 SERVINGS
- 4 tablespoons (60 milliliters) Cumin Seed
- 2 tablespoon (30 milliliters) Peppercorns Black
- 1 tsp (5ml) Ground Cardamom
- 1 tablespoon (15 milliliters) Cloves Whole
- 4 tablespoons (60 milliliters) Ground Cinnamon
- 4 tablespoon (60 milliliters) Ground Turmeric
- 1 Mix cumin seed, black peppercorns, cardamom pods and cloves in small skillet. Toast on medium-low heat just until fragrant, about 1 minute. Immediately remove from skillet. Cool completely. (If substituting ground cardamom, do not add until Step 3.)
- 2 Transfer mixture to spice grinder or clean coffee grinder. Process until finely ground and powdery, working in batches if needed to achieve uniform texture.
- 3 Place ground spice mixture in small bowl. Add remaining ingredients; mix until well blended. Store in airtight container in cool, dry place.
- 4 Use this blend to add a flavorful warming balance to any number of dishes, like our Pumpkin Hummus or Spiced Honey Cake.
NUTRITION INFORMATION(per Serving)
Nutrition information coming soon.