This homemade spice blend features cooling spices like cardamom and coriander to create a calm, cool balance in any number of dishes.
INGREDIENTS 4 SERVINGS
- 4 tsps (20ml) Ground Cardamom
- 4 1/2 teaspoons (22 milliliters) Coriander Seed
- 2 teaspoons (10 milliliters) Fennel Seed
- 2 teaspoons (10 milliliters) Cumin, Ground
- 2 teaspoons (10 milliliters) Ginger, Ground
- 2 teaspoon (10 milliliters) Ground Turmeric
- 1 Mix cardamom pods, coriander and fennel in small skillet. Toast on medium-low heat just until fragrant, about 1 minute. Immediately remove from skillet. Cool completely. (If substituting ground cardamom, do not add until Step 3.)
- 2 Transfer mixture to spice grinder or clean coffee grinder. Process until finely ground and powdery, working in batches if needed to achieve uniform texture. Pass mixture through a fine strainer if needed to remove any large unground pieces.
- 3 Place ground spice mixture in small bowl. Add remaining ingredients; mix until well blended. Store in airtight container in cool, dry place.
- 4 Use this blend to add flavorful cooling balance to any number of dishes, like our Paneer Pakoras or Saffron Tea.
NUTRITION INFORMATION(per Serving)
Nutrition information coming soon