Re-imagine grandma’s classic tomato sauce. Club House Italian Seasoning creates a robust taste that’s perfect for ladling generously over ziti, lasagna and more. Photo credit: Sydney Kramer from Crepes of Wrath.
INGREDIENTS 12 SERVINGS
- 2 tablespoons (15 milliliters) olive oil
- 1 cup (250 milliliters) finely chopped onion
- 2 cans (796 ml each) crushed tomatoes
- 1 tablespoons (15 milliliters) sugar
- 2 teaspoons (10 milliliters) Italian Seasoning
- 1 teaspoon (5 milliliters) Garlic Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon (2 milliliters) Oregano Leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon (2 milliliters) salt
- 1/4 teaspoon (1 milliliter) Ground Black Pepper
- 1 Heat oil in 4-quart (4 L) saucepot on medium heat. Add onion; cook and stir 5 minutes or until softened.
- 2 Stir in tomatoes and remaining ingredients. Bring to boil. Reduce heat to low; simmer 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- 3 Mix It Up! Try adding McCormick Gourmet™ Fennel Seed and/or Club House Crushed Red Pepper to taste for a flavorful twist.