Your favourite comfort food – tender macaroni, rich and cheesy sauce and a crisp crumb topping.
INGREDIENTS 15 SERVINGS
- 1 pound (500 grams) elbow macaroni
- 6 tablespoons (86 grams) butter
- 6 tablespoons (90 milliliters) flour
- 2 tablespoon (30 milliliters) Ground Mustard
- 1 1/2 teaspoons (7 milliliters) Pepper, Coarse Black
- 1 teaspoon (5 milliliters) Garlic Powder
- 1 teaspoon (5 milliliters) salt
- 4 cups (1 liter) milk
- 6 cups (1.5 liters) shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
- 1 1/2 cups (375 milliliters) panko bread crumbs
- 1 teaspoon (5 milliliters) Paprika
- 1 Preheat oven to 400°F (200°C). Cook macaroni in large saucepan as directed on package for al dente pasta. Rinse under cold water; drain well.
- 2 Melt butter in same saucepan on medium heat. Sprinkle with flour and seasonings. Cook and stir 2 minutes or until well blended. Gradually stir in milk until smooth. Stirring constantly, cook 3 minutes or until sauce starts to thicken. Stir in cheese until melted and smooth. Remove from heat. Add macaroni; toss gently to coat. Pour into greased 13x9-inch (33x23-cm) baking dish. Mix panko and paprika; sprinkle evenly over top.
- 3 Bake 25 to 30 minutes or until bubbly and golden brown on top. Let stand 5 minutes before serving.