Perfect for larger gatherings, this meatless spinach lasagna is made with a trio of cheese and plenty of your favourite tomato-based pasta sauce.
INGREDIENTS 12 SERVINGS
- 1 package (500 grams) lasagna noodles
- 2 eggs
- 2 containers (454 g each) ricotta cheese
- 2 cups (500 milliliters) shredded mozzarella cheese , divided
- 1/2 cup (125 milliliters) grated Parmesan cheese , divided
- 1 package (500 grams) frozen chopped spinach , thawed, drained and squeezed dry
- 1 tablespoon (15 milliliters) Parsley Flakes
- 2 teaspoons (10 milliliters) Italian Seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon (2 milliliters) Sea Salt Grinder
- 1/4 teaspoon (1 milliliter) Black Peppercorn Grinder
- 6 1/2 cups (1.75 liter) pasta sauce
- 1 Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C).
- 2 In large pot of boiling salted water, cook pasta as directed on package. Drain and rinse with cold water. Lay flat on waxed paper or parchment paper to keep noodles from sticking together; set aside.
- 3 In large bowl, beat eggs. Stir in ricotta, 1 ½ cups (375 mL) of the mozzarella, ¼ cup (60 mL) of the Parmesan, the spinach, parsley, Italian seasoning, salt and pepper.
- 4 To assemble, spread about ½ cup (125 mL) of the pasta sauce on bottom of 13 x 9-inch (3 L) glass baking dish; line with one-quarter of the noodles. Spread one-third of the cheese mixture over noodles. Top with 1 ½ cups (375 mL) of the sauce. Repeat layers twice more, ending with remaining noodles and final 1 ½ cups (375 mL) sauce. Cover with foil.
- 5 Bake for 40 minutes. Remove foil; top with remaining ½ cup (125 mL) mozzarella cheese and ¼ cup (60 mL) Parmesan cheese. Bake 10 minutes longer, or until centre is heated through and cheese is bubbly. Let stand 15 minutes before cutting.