Balance the heat in these grilled salmon steaks with a cooling homemade Tzatziki sauce. The whole dish comes together in less than 30 minutes.
INGREDIENTS 4 SERVINGS
- 1 medium cucumber
- 1 cup (250 milliliter) plain Greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon (15 milliliter) lime juice
- 1 green onion, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon (5 milliliter) Sea Salt Grinder
- 3 tablespoons (45 milliliter) vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoon (30 milliliter) soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon (15 milliliter) Organic Ground Coriander
- 1 1/2 teaspoons (7 milliliter) Organic Chili Powder
- 1 teaspoon (5 milliliter) Garlic Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon (2 milliliter) Cayenne Pepper
- 4 salmon steaks, 1-inch (2.5 cm) thick
- 1 Peel and halve cucumber lengthwise; scrape out and discard seeds. Finely grate cucumber and place in fine mesh sieve to drain. Squeeze out as much liquid as possible, then transfer cucumber to bowl. Stir in yogurt, lime juice, green onion and half of the salt (half tsp). Set the tzatziki aside.
- 2 In small bowl, stir oil, soy sauce, ground coriander, garlic powder and remaining salt (half tsp); brush all over salmon steaks.
- 3 Place salmon on greased grill over medium-high heat; close lid and grill, turning once, until cooked throughout and fish flakes easily when tested, about 10 minutes. Serve with tzatziki.