Traditional quesadillas get a flavourful twist with cumin, garlic and oregano. Layer it in a casserole for convenient preparation.
INGREDIENTS 8 SERVINGS
- 1 pound (500 gram) ground beef
- 1/2 cup (125 milliliters) chopped onion
- 1 can (680 milliliters) tomato sauce
- 1 can (540 milliliters) black beans , drained and rinsed
- 1 can (341 milliliters) whole kernel corn , undrained
- 1 can (127 milliliters) chopped green chiles , undrained
- 2 teaspoons (10 milliliter) Chili Powder
- 1 teaspoon (5 milliliters) Cumin, Ground
- 1 teaspoon (5 milliliters) Minced Garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon (2 milliliters) Oregano Leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon (2 milliliters) CLUB HOUSE CRUSHED RED PEPPER
- 6 flour tortillas , (8-inch/20-cm)
- 2 cups (500 milliliters) shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1 Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C). Brown beef and onion in large skillet on medium-high heat; drain. Add tomato sauce, beans, corn and green chiles; mix well. Stir in all the seasonings. Bring to boil. Reduce heat to low; simmer 5 minutes.
- 2 Spread 1/2 cup (125 mL) of the beef mixture on bottom of 13x9x2-inch (33x23x5-cm) baking dish sprayed with no stick cooking spray. Top with 3 of the tortillas, overlapping as needed. Layer with 1/2 of the remaining beef mixture and 1/2 of the cheese. Repeat with remaining tortillas, beef mixture and cheese.
- 3 Bake 15 minutes or until heated through. Let stand 5 minutes before serving.