Move over roasted turkey. The Instant Pot® turkey is here! Seasoned with Club House® Garlic Powder, Paprika and Thyme, then seared and cooked in the same pot, Thanksgiving turkey comes out moist and delicious in just 40 minutes.
INGREDIENTS 10 SERVINGS
- 2 teaspoons (10 milliliters) Garlic Powder
- 2 teaspoons (10 milliliters) Paprika
- 2 teaspoons (10 milliliters) Organic Sage Rubbed
- 1 teaspoon (5 milliliters) Pepper Black Ground
- 1 teaspoon (5 milliliters) Thyme Leaves
- 2 teaspoons (10 milliliters) Sea Salt Grinder
- 1 bone-in turkey bresat , (about 5 pounds/2.5kg) fresh or frozen, thawed
- 4 tablespoons (60 milliliters) butter , divided
- 2 1/2 pounds (1.25 kilograms) baby red potatoes
- 1 cup (250 milliliters) Chicken Stock
- 1 Mix seasonings in small bowl; set aside. Pat turkey dry with clean paper towels. Rub 1 tablespoon (15 ml) of the seasoning mixture under skin of turkey.
- 2 Melt 2 tablespoons (28 g) of the butter in Instant Pot on SAUTÉ setting. Place turkey, skin side down, in pot. Cook 8 to 10 minutes or until skin is browned all over, turning occasionally. Remove turkey from pot. Add potatoes to pot. Pour in stock.
- 3 Place turkey, skin side up, on top of potatoes. Sprinkle with remaining seasoning mixture. Close lid. Set VALVE to SEAL.
- 4 Set to cook for 30 minutes on MEAT/STEW function or until turkey is cooked through (internal temperature reaches 165°F/74°C). Vent pot to quick release pressure. Open lid once pressure inside has completely released. (Check manufacturer’s manual for safe operating directions.)
- 5 Transfer turkey to platter or carving board. Let stand about 10 minutes. Meanwhile, transfer potatoes to a serving bowl using a slotted spoon. Reserve turkey drippings to make Perfect Turkey Gravy, if desired.
- 6 Add remaining 2 tablespoons (28 g) butter to potatoes and gently smash; stir to mix. Slice turkey and serve with smashed potatoes and Perfect Turkey Gravy, if desired.
- 7 Perfect Turkey Gravy: Remove turkey drippings from pot; measure 1 cup (250 ml). Mix 2 packages Club House® Turkey Gravy Mix and 1/4 cup (60 ml) flour in pot. Gradually stir in 3 cups (750 ml) water and 1 cup (250 ml) turkey drippings with wire whisk until smooth. Stirring frequently, cook on sauté setting until gravy comes to boil. Reduce heat to warm setting; simmer 5 minutes or until thickened, stirring occasionally. (Gravy will continue to thicken upon standing.)