Fall in love with our easy recipe for heart-shaped pizza. With the bold flavour of Club House® herbs and spices, it’s a delicious way to show your love any day of the year.
INGREDIENTS 8 SERVINGS
- 1 pound (16 ounces) (500g) pizza dough , fresh or frozen, thawed
- 2 tablespoons (30 milliliters) olive oil , divided
- 2 teaspoons (10 milliliters) Oregano Leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon (2 milliliters) Garlic Salt
- 1/2 cup (125 milliliters) prepared pizza sauce , divided
- 1 1/2 cups (375 milliliters) shredded mozzarella cheese , divided
- 1/2 teaspoon (2 milliliters) Basil Leaves , divided
- 1/4 teaspoon (1 milliliters) CLUB HOUSE CRUSHED RED PEPPER , divided
- 1 Place pizza dough in large bowl. Drizzle with 1 tablespoon (15ml) of the olive oil, turning to coat well. Cover with plastic wrap and let stand at room temperature 1 hour. Mix remaining 1 tablespoon (15ml) olive oil, oregano and garlic salt in small bowl; set aside.
- 2 Preheat oven to 500°F (260°C). Line 2 large baking sheets with parchment paper. Divide dough into 2 equal portions. Roll and stretch each portion of dough into a 12-inch (30-cm) circle on lightly floured surface. Transfer dough to parchment-lined pans. Using kitchen shears or small sharp knife, cut ‘V’ shape in top of each dough circle to form top of heart. Stretch and shape dough to create heart shape. Discard any dough scraps.
- 3 Spread 1/4 cup of the pizza sauce over each heart, leaving a 1-inch (2 1/2-cm) border for the crust. Top each pizza evenly with 3/4 cup of the mozzarella cheese. Brush crusts evenly with olive oil mixture.
Bake 10 to 12 minutes or until crust is golden brown and cheese is melted, rotating pans halfway through cooking. Remove from oven. Sprinkle evenly with basil and crushed red pepper.
Test Kitchen Tip: If you prefer to bake the pizzas separately, shape and top one pizza only. Then while the first pizza is in the oven, shape and prepared the second pizza.