A hearty, stick-to-your-ribs stew that's packed with flavour — a bowl on a chilly day will leave you satisfied and satiated.
INGREDIENTS 6 SERVINGS
- 3 ears corn on the cob, husked or 2 cups (500 mL) frozen corn niblets
- 1 tablespoon (15 milliliter) olive oil
- 1 cup (250 milliliter) diced onions
- 1 tablespoon (15 milliliter) butter
- 1 tablespoon (15 milliliter) Rice Flour
- 1 package (40 grams) Chicken Stew Seasoning Mix
- 2 1/2 cups (625 milliliter) each milk and No Salt Added Chicken Cooking Stock
- 1 cup (250 milliliter) diced potatoes
- 1/2 cup (125 milliliter) diced red peppers
- 1/2 pound (250 gram) boneless, skinless chicken thighs, cooked and diced 1-in (2.5 cm)
- Organic Black Pepper Coarse Grind , To taste
- 1 If using corn cobs, heat grill to medium heat. Grill corn cobs, turning every few minutes until kernels are golden brown. Set aside and let cool slightly, then remove niblets from cob using a knife.
- 2 In a large pot on medium-high heat, add oil and onions; cook 3 minutes. Add butter and whisk in rice flour until smooth. Whisk in seasoning mix and milk; simmer 5 minutes.
- 3 Add stock, potatoes and peppers; simmer 20 minutes or until potatoes are tender. Add remaining ingredients, including prepared corn and heat through, approximately 5 minutes.