Wake up to rich decadence with our recipe for Ultimate Cinnamon Rolls. These buttery bundles of delight come together with the warmly spiced taste and aroma of cinnamon and nutmeg. Drizzle with a heavenly cream cheese glaze and resist the temptation to eat them all before yo... Wake up to rich decadence with our recipe for Ultimate Cinnamon Rolls. These buttery bundles of delight come together with the warmly spiced taste and aroma of cinnamon and nutmeg. Drizzle with a heavenly cream cheese glaze and resist the temptation to eat them all before your crew wakes up! Read More Read Less
INGREDIENTS 12 SERVINGS
- Cinnamon Rolls
- 1 package (8 gram) active dry yeast , (about 2 1/4 teaspoons or 11 mL)
- 1/2 cup (125 milliliters) warm water
- 1/2 cup (125 milliliters) milk
- 1/3 cup (75 milliliters) plus 6 tablespoons (90 mL) butter , melted, divided
- 1/4 cup (60 milliliters) granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon (5 milliliters) salt
- 3 1/2 cups (875 milliliters) all-purpose flour , divided
- 1/2 cup (125 milliliters) firmly packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons (30 milliliters) Ground Cinnamon
- 2 cups (500 milliliters) icing sugar
- 1/2 package (125 grams) cream cheese , softened
- 1 tablespoon (15 milliliters) milk
- 1/2 teaspoon (2 milliliters) Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1 Preheat oven to 325°F (160°C). For the Cinnamon Rolls, dissolve yeast in warm water in small bowl. Set aside. Mix milk, 1/3 cup (75 mL) of the melted butter, granulated sugar, egg and salt in large bowl. Add 2 cups (500 mL) of the flour; mix until smooth. Add yeast mixture and remaining 1 1/2 cups (375 mL) flour; mix until a smooth, soft dough forms.
- 2 Knead dough by hand on lightly floured work surface 5 to 10 minutes or until dough bounces back when pressed. Or, knead dough in a stand mixer with dough hook attachment on medium speed. Place dough in a large, well greased bowl. Cover bowl with a clean kitchen towel. Place bowl in a warm, draft-free place, such as inside of microwave oven or turned off oven, to rise until it’s doubled in size, about 1 to 2 hours.
- 3 Roll out dough on lightly floured work surface to a 16x12-inch (40x30 cm) rectangle. Mix brown sugar and cinnamon in small bowl. Brush dough with remaining 6 tablespoons (90 mL) melted butter. Sprinkle with brown sugar mixture. Roll up rectangle from the long end into a log.
- 4 Cut log into 12 rolls. Place cut-side down in greased 13x9-inch (33x23 cm) baking dish.
- 5 Bake 20 to 30 minutes or until golden brown. Meanwhile, for the Glaze, mix all ingredients in medium bowl until smooth. Drizzle over warm cinnamon rolls.