For a flavourful, fall-forward twist, use Club House® Pumpkin Pie Spice along with Pure Vanilla Extract in this deliciously easy variation on the classic snickerdoodle cookie.
INGREDIENTS 30 (2-cookie) SERVINGS
- 3 cups (750 milliliters) flour
- 2 teaspoons (10 milliliters) Cream of Tartar
- 1 teaspoon (5 milliliters) baking soda
- 2 cups (500 milliliters) sugar , divided
- 1 cup (2 sticks/227g) butter , softened
- 1 cup (250 milliliters) canned pumpkin puree
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons (10 milliliters) Pure Vanilla Extract
- 2 tablespoons (30 milliliters) Pumpkin Pie Spice
- 1/8 teaspoons (1/2 milliliter) salt
- 1 Mix flour, cream of tartar and baking soda in medium bowl. Set aside. Beat 1 1/2 cups (375ml) of the sugar and butter in large bowl with electric mixer on medium speed until light and fluffy. Add pumpkin, eggs and vanilla; mix well. Gradually beat in flour mixture on low speed until well blended. Cover. Refrigerate dough 2 hours.
- 2 Preheat oven to 400°F (200°C). Mix remaining 1/2 cup (125ml) sugar, pumpkin pie spice and salt in medium bowl. Shape dough into 1 1/2-inch (3 1/2-cm) balls. Roll in sugar mixture to coat. Place 2 inches (5cm) apart on baking sheets.
- 3 Bake 10 to 12 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool on baking sheets 5 minutes. Remove to wire racks; cool completely.