These tarts for two start with a cinnamon accented peanut crust as the base for a smooth peanut butter mousse flavoured with the signature tastes of the snickerdoodle cookie. A chocolate milk ganache is added on top as a nod to the classic pairing of milk and cookies.
INGREDIENTS 8 SERVINGS
- 1 1/2 cups (375 milliliters) lightly salted roasted peanuts , lightly crushed
- 3 tablespoons (45 milliliters) packed brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons (45 milliliters) butter , melted
- 1 teaspoon (5 milliliters) Ground Cinnamon , divided
- 3 tablespoons (45 milliliters) chocolate milk
- 4 ounces (113 grams) semi-sweet chocolate , coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup (125 milliliters) creamy peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons (30 milliliters) sweetened condensed milk
- 1 teaspoon (5 milliliters) Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 cup (125 milliliters) heavy cream
- 1 Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C). Mix peanuts, sugar, butter and 1/2 teaspoon (2ml) of the cinnamon in medium bowl. Remove 1/4 cup (60ml) and spread on small baking sheet. Divide remaining peanut mixture among 4 (4-inch/10cm) tart pans with removable bottoms. Press firmly onto bottom and up sides of each tart pan.
- 2 Bake tart crusts and peanut mixture together for 8 minutes. Cool on wire racks.
- 3 Meanwhile, microwave chocolate milk in medium microwavable bowl on HIGH 45 seconds. Add chocolate; stir until chocolate is completely melted and mixture is smooth. Set aside.
- 4 Beat peanut butter, sweetened condensed milk, vanilla and remaining 1/2 teaspoon (2ml) cinnamon in large bowl with electric mixture on medium speed until smooth. Add heavy cream; beat until soft peaks form. Spread in prepared tarts crusts. Spread chocolate mixture over top.
- 5 Refrigerate at least 1 hour or until ready to serve. Cut each tart in half. Sprinkle with toasted peanut crumble. Serve immediately.
Go To Meal Planner