Save time and energy with our Overnight Cinnamon Roll Casserole. Ingredients come together the night before – bread, milk, cinnamon and vanilla. Morning of, bake until golden brown. A final drizzle of traditional cream cheese frosting takes it to holiday-worthy proportions. ... Save time and energy with our Overnight Cinnamon Roll Casserole. Ingredients come together the night before – bread, milk, cinnamon and vanilla. Morning of, bake until golden brown. A final drizzle of traditional cream cheese frosting takes it to holiday-worthy proportions. Read More Read Less
INGREDIENTS 12 SERVINGS
- 12 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups (375 milliliter) plus 3 tbsp (45 mL) milk , divided
- 7 teaspoon (35 milliliter) Ground Cinnamon , divided
- 4 teaspoon (20 milliliter) Pure Vanilla Extract , divided
- 1/4 teaspoon (1 milliliter) baking powder
- 1 loaf challah bread or egg bread , cubed
- 6 tablespoon (90 milliliter) butter , melted
- 6 tablespoon (90 milliliter) firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup (125 milliliter) cream cheese, softened
- 3 tablespoon (45 milliliter) powdered sugar
- 1 Mix eggs, 1 ½ cups (375 mL) of the milk, 3 tsp (15 mL) of the cinnamon, 3 tsp (15 mL) of the vanilla, and baking powder in a large bowl with wire whisk until well blended. Add cubed bread; toss well to coat. Pour into 13x9-inch (33x23 cm) baking dish, sprayed with no stick cooking spray. Cover. Refrigerate at least 4 hours or overnight.
- 2 Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C).
- 3 Remove casserole from refrigerator. Mix melted butter, brown sugar and remaining 4 tsp (20 mL) cinnamon in small bowl until well blended. Drizzle over casserole. Let stand 10-15 minutes.
- 4 Bake 40-45 minutes or until golden brown.
- 5 Meanwhile, using a handheld mixer, whip cream cheese until light and fluffy. Add powdered sugar, remaining 1 tsp (5 mL) vanilla, and remaining 3 tbsp (45 mL) milk and mix until smooth.
- 6 Once casserole is done, remove from oven and allow to sit 5 minutes before drizzling with icing and serving warm.