Create a show-stopping dessert table with luscious Lemon Citrus Cake. Use Club House Pure Lemon Extract to create bright, citrusy lemon flavour in the moist cake. Colour From Club House Food Colouring adds a beautiful yellow hue to both the batter and frosting.
INGREDIENTS 16 SERVINGS
- Lemon Cake:
- 2 cups (500 milliliter) all-purpose flour
- 2 cups (500 milliliter) sugar
- 2 teaspoon (10 milliliter) baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon (2 milliliter) Sea Salt Grinder
- 1/2 cup (125 milliliter) buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon (5 milliliter) baking soda
- 1 cup (250 milliliter) water
- 1/2 cup (125 milliliter) butter, cut into 10 pieces
- 1/4 cup (60 milliliter) vegetable oil
- 3 eggs
- 2 teaspoon (10 milliliter) Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1 teaspoon (5 milliliter) Pure Lemon Extract
- Lemon Whipped Cream Cheese Frosting:
- 2 packages (500 grams) cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup (175 milliliter) granulated sugar
- 2 cups (500 milliliter) heavy cream
- 1 1/2 teaspoon (7 milliliter) Pure Lemon Extract
- 1 teaspoon (5 milliliter) Yellow Food Colour
- 1 Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C). For the cake, grease 3 (8-inch/20 cm) round cake pans. Set aside. Sift flour, sugar, baking powder and salt into a large bowl. Set aside. Mix buttermilk and baking soda in small bowl. Set aside.
- 2 Bring water and butter to boil in small saucepan, stirring to blend. Add the hot butter mixture into the flour mixture; mix with wire whisk until well blended. Add the buttermilk mixture, oil, eggs and extracts; mix with wire whisk until well blended. Pour batter into prepared pans.
- 3 Bake 15 to 20 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Remove from oven. Cool in pan 5 minutes. Remove from pans; cool completely on wire rack.
- 4 For the Frosting, beat cream cheese and sugar in large bowl with electric mixer on medium speed until well blended. Gradually beat in heavy cream until light and fluffy. Add lemon extract and food color; mix well.
- 5 Place one cooled cake layer on serving platter and spread with about ½ cup (125 mL) of the frosting. Top with second cake layer and spread with another ½ cup (125 mL) frosting. Top with remaining cake layer. Frost top and side of cake with remaining frosting. Decorate as desired. Cover and refrigerate cake until ready to serve. Bring to room temperature when ready to serve.