Floral and subtly sweet, honey and tart apples come together harmoniously in a crumble bar.
INGREDIENTS 16 SERVINGS
- 1 3/4 cups (425 milliliter) all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup (125 milliliter) granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoon (7 milliliter) Ground Cinnamon , divided
- 1 teaspoon (5 milliliter) baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon (1 milliliter) Ground Nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon (1 milliliter) Sea Salt Grinder
- 2/3 cup (150 milliliter) cold unsalted butter, cubed
- 1 egg yolk
- 4 cups (1 liter) thinly sliced peeled Granny Smith apples (3 large Granny Smiths)
- 1/3 cup (75 milliliter) liquid honey bee (billy bee/)
- 1/4 cup (50 milliliter) sliced almonds
- Honey for drizzling , (optional)
- 1 Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C). Spray 9-inch (2.5 L) square baking pan with oil and line bottom with parchment paper.
- 2 Pulse flour, sugar, 1 tsp (5 mL) cinnamon, baking powder, nutmeg and salt in food processor to combine. Add butter, egg yolk and pulse until crumbly.
- 3 Crumble half of the mixture onto bottom of prepared pan, pressing lightly.
- 4 In a separate bowl, stir apples, honey and remaining ½ tsp (2 mL) cinnamon and layer over base. Crumble remaining dough and almonds over apple mixture.
- 5 Bake until top is golden and fruit is bubbly, 35-45 minutes. Let cool. Drizzle with honey before serving (if desired).
- 6 Tips: Tart, crisp apples are best for structure and balanced sweetness.
- 7 Tips: Store covered at room temperature for up to 3 days.