Refrigerated pie crusts and canned cherry pie filling make these mini desserts a snap to prepare. An almond crumb topping makes them special.
INGREDIENTS 12 SERVINGS
- Mini Cherry Pies
- 1 packages (400 grams) refrigerated 9-inch (23-cm) pie crusts , (2 crusts)
- 1 can (540 milliliter) cherry pie filling
- 1/2 teaspoon Pure Almond Extract
- 1/2 cup (125 milliliters) sliced almonds
- 2 tablespoon (30 milliliters) butter , melted
- 1 teaspoon (5 milliliters) granulated sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon (1 milliliters) Ground Cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon (1 milliliter) Ginger, Ground
- 1 Preheat oven to 425°F (220°C). For the Mini Cherry Pies, unroll crusts on lightly floured surface. Using a 3 1/2-inch (8.5-cm) round cutter, cut out 6 rounds from each crust. Re-roll scraps as necessary. Press dough rounds into muffin pan sprayed with no stick cooking spray. Set aside.
- 2 Mix cherry pie filling and almond extract in large bowl. Divide evenly among crusts.
- 3 For the Topping, toss almonds and butter in medium bowl. Sprinkle with sugar and spices; toss to coat. Sprinkle evenly over cherry filling.
- 4 Bake 14 to 18 minutes or until topping is golden brown and filling is bubbly. Cool completely in pan on wire rack.