Try this luscious variation of a classic chocolate pecan pie for a memorable end to your holiday meal. The spicy crunch of a traditional pecan pie nestled on top of a layer of divinely rich chocolate. Looking to make your holiday pie ahead of time? We’ve added instruct... Try this luscious variation of a classic chocolate pecan pie for a memorable end to your holiday meal. The spicy crunch of a traditional pecan pie nestled on top of a layer of divinely rich chocolate. Looking to make your holiday pie ahead of time? We’ve added instructions on how to do so below. Read More Read Less
INGREDIENTS 10 SERVINGS
- 1 refrigerated pie crust (from 400g package)
- 1 cup (250 milliliters) semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 3 tablespoons (45 milliliters) milk
- 4 eggs
- 3 tablespoon (45 milliliters) butter, melted
- 2 teaspoons (10 milliliters) Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1 cup (250 milliliters) dark corn syrup
- 1 cup (250 milliliters) sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon (2 milliliters) Ground Cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon (1 milliliter) Ground Allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon (1 milliliter) salt
- 1 1/2 cups (375 milliliters) pecan halves
- 1 Preheat oven to 425°F (220°C). Line 9-inch (23 cm) deep dish pie plate with pie crust. Trim edges using kitchen shears or small sharp knife, allowing crust to extend 1/2-inch past edge of pie plate. Crimp or fold edges, as desired. Bake 7 minutes. Remove from oven. Reduce oven temperature to 325°F (160°C).
- 2 Meanwhile, microwave chocolate chips and milk in medium microwavable bowl on HIGH 1 to 1 ½ minutes. Stir until smooth. Pour chocolate evenly over crust.
- 3 Beat eggs in large bowl. Add remaining ingredients except pecans. Mix until well blended. Stir in pecans. Slowly pour mixture over chocolate layer. Place ring of foil around edges of crust to prevent over-browning.
- 4 Bake 55 to 60 minutes or until filling is lightly browned and puffed but center is still soft enough to move when shaken gently. Cool completely on wire rack (about 2 hours). Serve with whipped cream, if desired.
- 5 Make Ahead Tip: Prepare and bake pie as directed. Allow to cool completely. Wrap tightly with plastic wrap or place in large air-tight freezer-safe bag or container. Store in freezer up to 1 month. When ready to serve, thaw overnight in refrigerator before slicing.