Nothing beats the smell of warm cinnamon on a crisp Winter morning. Wake up your family to the aroma of homemade cinnamon rolls this holiday season. It's made without yeast, so there is no need to let the dough rise. The only thing that will rise is your appetite!
INGREDIENTS 12 SERVINGS
- Buttery Cinnamon Rolls
- 2 1/2 cups (625 milliliters) all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons (10 milliliters) baking powder
- 1/2 cup (125 milliliters) milk
- 1/4 cup (60 milliliters) plus 6 tablespoons (90 mL) butter , melted
- 1/4 cups (60 milliliters) sour cream
- 2 teaspoons (10 milliliters) Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 cup (125 milliliters) firmly packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons (10 milliliters) Ground Cinnamon
- 1 cup (250 milliliters) powdered sugar
- 1/4 package (60 grams) cream cheese , softened
- 2 teaspoon (10 milliliters) Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1 teaspoon (5 milliliters) milk
- 1 Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C). For the Cinnamon Rolls, mix flour and baking powder in large bowl. Add milk, 1/4 cup (60 mL) of the melted butter, sour cream and vanilla; mix to form a dough. Roll out dough on lightly floured work surface to a 15x11-inch (38x28 cm) rectangle.
- 2 Mix brown sugar and cinnamon in small bowl. Brush dough with remaining 6 tbsp (90 mL) melted butter. Sprinkle with brown sugar mixture. Roll up rectangle from the long end into a log.
- 3 Cut log into 12 rolls. Place cut-side down in 9-inch (23 cm) round baking pan.
- 4 Bake 25 minutes or until golden brown. Meanwhile, for the Glaze, mix all ingredients in medium bowl until smooth. Drizzle over warm cinnamon rolls.
- 5 Test Kitchen Tip: To bake in a muffin tin, place each roll in a muffin cup. Reduce bake time to 12 to 15 minutes.