Saturday morning just got even better! Set yourself up for sweet breakfast success by tossing this into your slow cooker before bed and waking up to a scrumptious treat.
INGREDIENTS 8 SERVINGS
- 8 eggs
- 4 cups (1 liter) milk
- 1 teaspoon (5 milliliter) Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 teaspoon (2 milliliter) Ground Cinnamon
- 1 (450 gram) loaf French bread, cut into 1-inch (2.5 cm) thick slices
- 3 medium bananas, sliced, divided
- 6 tablespoon (90 milliliter) brown sugar, divided
- 1/2 cup (125 milliliter) semi-sweet chocolate chips, divided
- 1 Spray inside of slow cooker well with non-stick spray. Whisk together eggs, milk, vanilla and cinnamon in large bowl.
- 2 Dip slices of bread in egg mixture and then place in slow cooker to cover bottom, using about ¼ loaf. Top with slices from 1 banana. Sprinkle with 2 tbsp (30 mL) brown sugar and 2 tbsp (30 mL) chocolate chips. Repeat twice with bread, bananas, sugar and chocolate, creating three layers of each. Dip remaining bread in egg mixture and place on top. Pour remaining egg mixture over casserole and top with remaining 2 tbsp (30 mL) chocolate chips.
- 3 Cook 6 hours on LOW or 3 hours on HIGH. Remove lid and let cool 20 minutes before serving. Serve with maple syrup if desired.