Reminiscent of banana bread, these cakey cookies are made with mashed bananas, cinnamon, brown sugar and oats.
INGREDIENTS 18 SERVINGS
- 1 1/2 cups (375 milliliter) all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon (5 milliliter) Ground Cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon (2 milliliter) baking soda
- 1/2 cup (125 milliliter) butter, softened
- 1/2 cup (125 milliliter) granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup (125 milliliter) firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 to 3 ripe bananas, mashed (1 cup/250 mL)
- 1 teaspoon (5 milliliter) Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1 1/2 cups (375 milliliter) quick-cooking oats
- 1 Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C). Mix flour, cinnamon and baking soda in medium bowl. Set aside.
- 2 Beat butter and sugars in large bowl with electric mixer on medium speed until light and fluffy. Add egg, bananas and vanilla; mix well. Gradually beat in flour mixture on low speed until well mixed. Stir in oats.
- 3 Drop by rounded tablespoons onto ungreased baking sheets. Bake 12 to 15 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool on baking sheets 1 minute. Remove onto wire racks; cool completely.
Test Kitchen Tip:
o Store cookies in airtight container at room temperature up to 5 days