A favorite Middle-Eastern starter, this purée of toasted walnuts, roasted red bell pepper, cumin, allspice and crushed red pepper is drizzled with a sweet, tangy pomegranate molasses.
- 2 cups (500 milliliter) pomegranate juice
- 1 tablespoon (15 milliliter) sugar
- 1 tablespoon (15 milliliter) lemon juice
- 1 1/2 cups (375 milliliter) walnuts , toasted
- 1 red bell pepper , roasted and peeled
- 1/2 cup (125 milliliter) tomato purée or crushed tomatoes
- 2 tablespoon (30 milliliter) plain dried bread crumbs
- 1 teaspoon (5 milliliter) Cumin, Ground
- 1/2 teaspoon (2 milliliter) Ground Allspice
- 1/2 teaspoon (2 milliliter) Organic Crushed Red Pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon (2 milliliter) Sea Salt Grinder
- 1 For the Pomegranate Molasses, bring the pomegranate juice, sugar and lemon juice to boil in small saucepan on high heat. Reduce heat to medium-low; simmer 30 to 35 minutes or until mixture is reduced to ¼ cup (50 mL) and is consistency of thick syrup. Cool completely.
- 2 For the Dip, place the toasted walnuts, roasted and peeled red bell pepper, tomato purée or crushed tomatoes, plain dried bread crumbs, ground cumin, ground allspice, crushed red pepper and sea salt in food processor; cover. Process until dip is smooth.
- 3 Spoon dip into serving bowl. Drizzle with 2 tbsp (30 mL) of the Pomegranate Molasses. Serve with naan bread.