Inspired by the traditional Indian lassi yogurt drink, these chilled Greek yogurt snack bites are just the right balance of creamy, cool, sweet and spice. You’ll love the dreamy, cheesecake-like texture, rolled in toasted pistachio and coconut coating for a crunchy finish.
- 2 ripe mangoes , peeled and cut into 1/2-inch (1-cm) chunks (about 2 cups/500ml)
Thai Kitchen® Coconut Cream
- Thai Kitchen® Coconut Milk
- 2 envelopes (1/4 ounce/7g each) unflavored gelatin
- 1 1/2 cups (375 mililiter) plain full-fat Greek yogurt
- 1 package (8 ounces/250g) cream cheese, softened
- 2 teaspoons (10 mililiter) Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1 teaspoon (5 mililiter) Cardamom Ground
- 3/4 teaspoon (4 mililiter) Ground Turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon (2 mililiters) Ginger, Ground
- 1/2 teaspoon (2 mililiter) sea salt from Sea Salt Grinder
- 3 tablespoons (45 mililiter) honey
- 1 1/2 cups (375 mililiter) shredded coconut , toasted
, lightly toasted
- chopped cashews, lightly toasted
- 1 Microwave mangoes on HIGH 2 1/2 minutes or until softened. Place in food processor or blender and puree until smooth. Set aside.
- 2 Place coconut cream in medium microwavable bowl. Sprinkle gelatin evenly over surface of cream. Beat with wire whisk until well blended and gelatin is completely dissolved. Let mixture stand 5 minutes to allow gelatin to bloom. Microwave on HIGH 1 1/2 minutes, stirring every 30 seconds. Remove from microwave and allow mixture to cool.
- 3 Meanwhile, beat yogurt and cream cheese with an electric mixer on medium-high speed about 3 minutes until smooth and creamy. (If using stand mixer, fit with wire whisk attachment.) Stir in mango puree, vanilla, cardamom, turmeric, ginger, salt and honey. Beat 1 minute. Gradually add coconut cream mixture to yogurt mixture, beating until well blended.
- 4 Pour mixture into ungreased 13x9-inch (33x23-cm) baking dish or pan. Cover with plastic wrap. Refrigerate at least 4 hours or until completely set. Cut into rectangular bars, about 2x1-inch (5x2 1/2-cm)
- 5 Mix coconut and pistachios in shallow dish. Dip Mango Lassi Bars in mixture to coat evenly on all sides. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
Test Kitchen Tips:
•To toast coconut, spread sweetened shredded coconut in an even layer on small parchment-lined baking pan. Bake in preheated 325°F (160°C) oven 3 minutes. Carefully remove from oven; stir. Return to oven and toast 2 to 3 minutes longer or until coconut is lightly browned. Watch closely, as coconut will burn easily.
•To toast pistachios, place in dry skillet on medium heat. Toast, stirring frequently, about 2 to 3 minutes. Remove pistachios from pan immediately; set aside to cool.
NUTRITION INFORMATION(per Serving)