Inspired by the traditional Indian lassi yogurt drink, these chilled Greek yogurt snack bites are just the right balance of creamy, cool, sweet and spice. You’ll love the dreamy, cheesecake-like texture, rolled in toasted pistachio and coconut coating for a crunchy fin...
Inspired by the traditional Indian lassi yogurt drink, these chilled Greek yogurt snack bites are just the right balance of creamy, cool, sweet and spice. You’ll love the dreamy, cheesecake-like texture, rolled in toasted pistachio and coconut coating for a crunchy finish.Read More Read Less
INGREDIENTS 36 SERVINGS
- 2 ripe mangoes , peeled and cut into 1/2-inch (1-cm) chunks (about 2 cups/500ml)
Thai Kitchen® Coconut Cream
- Thai Kitchen® Coconut Milk
- 2 envelopes (1/4 ounce/7g each) unflavored gelatin
- 1 1/2 cups (375 milliliter) plain full-fat Greek yogurt
- 1 package (8 ounces/250g) cream cheese, softened
- 2 teaspoons (10 milliliter) Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1 teaspoon (5 milliliter) Cardamom Ground
- 3/4 teaspoon (4 milliliter) Ground Turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon (2 milliliters) Ginger, Ground
- 1/2 teaspoon (2 milliliter) sea salt from Sea Salt Grinder
- 3 tablespoons (45 milliliter) honey
- 1 1/2 cups (375 milliliter) shredded coconut , toasted
, lightly toasted
- chopped cashews, lightly toasted
- 1 Microwave mangoes on HIGH 2 1/2 minutes or until softened. Place in food processor or blender and puree until smooth. Set aside.
- 2 Place coconut cream in medium microwavable bowl. Sprinkle gelatin evenly over surface of cream. Beat with wire whisk until well blended and gelatin is completely dissolved. Let mixture stand 5 minutes to allow gelatin to bloom. Microwave on HIGH 1 1/2 minutes, stirring every 30 seconds. Remove from microwave and allow mixture to cool.
- 3 Meanwhile, beat yogurt and cream cheese with an electric mixer on medium-high speed about 3 minutes until smooth and creamy. (If using stand mixer, fit with wire whisk attachment.) Stir in mango puree, vanilla, cardamom, turmeric, ginger, salt and honey. Beat 1 minute. Gradually add coconut cream mixture to yogurt mixture, beating until well blended.
- 4 Pour mixture into ungreased 13x9-inch (33x23-cm) baking dish or pan. Cover with plastic wrap. Refrigerate at least 4 hours or until completely set. Cut into rectangular bars, about 2x1-inch (5x2 1/2-cm)
- 5 Mix coconut and pistachios in shallow dish. Dip Mango Lassi Bars in mixture to coat evenly on all sides. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
Test Kitchen Tips:
•To toast coconut, spread sweetened shredded coconut in an even layer on small parchment-lined baking pan. Bake in preheated 325°F (160°C) oven 3 minutes. Carefully remove from oven; stir. Return to oven and toast 2 to 3 minutes longer or until coconut is lightly browned. Watch closely, as coconut will burn easily.
•To toast pistachios, place in dry skillet on medium heat. Toast, stirring frequently, about 2 to 3 minutes. Remove pistachios from pan immediately; set aside to cool.