An irresistible hot dip with succulent crab. Serve with crackers, pitas or wedges of fresh bread.
INGREDIENTS 25 SERVINGS
- 1 package (37 grams) Sloppy Joes Seasoning Mix
- 2 cans (240 grams) crab, drained, reserving ½ cup (125 mL) liquid
- 1/4 cup (60 milliliter) water
- 1 cup (250 milliliter) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup (250 milliliter) mayonnaise
- 1 cup (250 milliliters) diced tomato
- 2 tablespoon (30 milliliter) sliced green onion
- 2 tablespoons (30 milliliters) grated parmesan
- 2 tablespoons (30 milliliters) salsa
- 1/2 cup (125 milliliter) shredded cheese
- 1 In a small saucepan on medium-high heat, combine seasoning mix, reserved crab liquid and water. Bring to boil and simmer 10 minutes until thick. Remove from heat and cool.
- 2 In a medium bowl, combine cream cheese and mayonnaise; stir until smooth.
- 3 Add seasoning mixture and remaining ingredients to the cream cheese mixture; mix well. Pour into oven safe dish and heat in 350°F (180°C) oven for 15 minutes or in microwave until hot, 5-7 minutes.
- 4 Serve immediately with crackers or pita crisps.