Perfect for a holiday party, this lightly spiced sharp Cheddar spread is easy to make with just a little Champagne. Use white Cheddar cheese for an elegant appearance.
INGREDIENTS 18 SERVINGS
- 1 pound (500 grams) Cheddar cheese , cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1/2 package (125 grams) cream cheese , softened
- 1/2 cup (125 milliliters) champagne
- 1 teaspoon (5 milliliters) Parsley Flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon (2 milliliters) Ground Nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon (.5 milliliters) Ground Cayenne Pepper
- French bread slices
- 1 Place all ingredients in food processor; cover. Process until smooth. Spoon into serving bowl. Cover.
- 2 Refrigerate at least 2 hours to allow flavors to blend. Let stand at room temperature to soften slightly. Serve with assorted cut-up vegetables, crackers or French bread slices.