This chicken noodle soup is chock full of shredded chicken, vegetables and egg noodles in a hearty broth. For a flavourful twist, try one of the variations.
INGREDIENTS 6 SERVINGS
- 2 teaspoons (10 milliliters) olive oil
- 2 cups (500 milliliters) sliced carrots
- 1 cup (250 milliliters) thinly sliced celery
- 1 cup (250 milliliters) chopped onion
- 1 clove minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon (5 milliliters) Oregano Leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon (2 milliliters) Thyme Leaves
- 1 each Bay Leaves
- 4 cups (1 liter) Chicken Stock
uncooked medium egg noodles
- uncooked no yolk egg noodles
- 2 cups shredded cooked chicken
- 1 Heat oil in large saucepan on medium heat. Add carrots, celery, onion, garlic, oregano, thyme and bay leaf; cook and stir 5 minutes or until vegetables soften.
- 2 Stir in stock. Bring to boil. Stir in noodles. Reduce heat to low; simmer 5 minutes or until tender. Add chicken; simmer 5 to 10 minutes longer or until chicken is heated through. Remove bay leaf before serving.