This hearty soup, bursting with flavour, will warm your belly on a cool day or when you're feeling under the weather.
INGREDIENTS 6 SERVINGS
- 1 pound (500 gram) ground chicken
- 2 medium carrots, sliced
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 28 fluid ounce (840 milliliter) diced tomatoes
- 10 fluid ounce (300 milliliter) chicken broth plus 1 can water
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 tablespoon (15 milliliter) Basil Leaves
- 2 teaspoons (10 milliliter) Oregano Leaves
- 1 cup (250 milliliter) penne pasta, uncooked
- 1 can (540 milliliter) kidney beans, drained
- Parmesan cheese , (optional)
- 1 In large saucepan, brown chicken with carrots and onion. Drain off fat.
- 2 Stir in tomatoes, chicken broth, water, bell pepper, Club House Basil Leaves and Oregano Leaves. Bring to a boil.
- 3 Stir in penne and kidney beans. Cover and simmer over low heat about 15 minutes, stirring occasionally, until penne is tender.
- 4 To serve, sprinkle with grated Parmesan cheese, if desired.