Earthy mushrooms and nutty barley team up in this cozy family meal to warm your belly.
INGREDIENTS 4 SERVINGS
- 5 cups (1250 milliliter) chicken broth
- 3/4 cup (187.5 milliliter) pot or pearl barley
- 1 teaspoon (5 milliliter) butter or margarine
- 1/2 (250 gram) small mushrooms, quartered
- 1/4 teaspoon (1.25 milliliter) Garlic Powder
- 3 medium carrots, diced
- Bay Leaves
- 1 teaspoon (5 milliliter) pinch Thyme Leaves
- Sea Salt Grinder , to taste
- Peppercorn Medley Grinder , to taste
- 1 In large saucepan, bring chicken broth to boil over medium high heat.Stir in barley, reduce heat to medium-low, cover and cook 25 minutes.
- 2 Meanwhile, in skillet, heat butter over medium-high heat. Cook mushrooms with Club House Garlic Powder 3-4 minutes or until softened, stirring often.
- 3 Add mushrooms, carrots, Club House Bay Leaf and Ground Thyme to chicken broth. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low; cover and simmer about 20 minutes or until carrots and barley are tender.
- 4 Remove bay leaf. Season with salt and pepper to taste.