Stuffing holds its own at the holiday table in the convenient form of a muffin. Loaded with all the traditional stuffing flavours – onion, celery, sage and apple – they’re a close contender for “favourite Thanksgiving side.” Pop these tasty muff... Stuffing holds its own at the holiday table in the convenient form of a muffin. Loaded with all the traditional stuffing flavours – onion, celery, sage and apple – they’re a close contender for “favourite Thanksgiving side.” Pop these tasty muffins in the oven for a hot and toasty side. Added bonus—you can swap in plant-based sausage for a side sure to please vegetarian dinner guests and make for an easy take-along leftover! Read More Read Less
INGREDIENTS 12 SERVINGS
bulk pork sausage
- plant-based sausage
- your favourite non-dairy butter substitute
- 1/2 cup (125 milliliters) chopped onion
- 1/2 cup (125 milliliters) finely chopped celery
- 1 Granny Smith apple , peeled, cored and diced
- 1/2 teaspoon (2 milliliter) Ground Sage
- 1 teaspoon (5 milliliter) Garlic Powder
- 5 cups (1.25 liters) dry unseasoned bread cubes
- 1/2 cup (125 milliliters) dried cranberries
, lightly beaten
- your favourite egg replacer
- vegetable stock
- 1 Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C). Spray 12 regular-size muffin cups with no stick cooking spray. Set aside.
- 2 Cook and crumble sausage in medium skillet on medium heat until no longer pink. Transfer to a paper towel-lined plate and allow to drain. Melt butter in same skillet on medium heat. Add onions; cook and stir 2 to 3 minutes. Add celery and apple; cook and stir just until softened, about 5 minutes. Stir in sage and garlic powder; cook and stir about 1 minute or until fragrant.
- 3 Transfer onion mixture to large bowl. Add cooked sausage, bread cubes, and dried cranberries. Stir in eggs and stock until well mixed and stuffing is moistened. Spoon stuffing mixture into prepared muffin cups. Gently press stuffing into cups and form slightly mounded tops.
- 4 Bake 20 to 22 minutes or until golden. Cool 5 to 10 minutes in pan on wire rack. Run a knife or spatula around each cup to loosen stuffing muffins. Use a spoon to gently release muffins from the cups. Serve warm.