These quick herb biscuits are a great accompaniment to hearty soups and stews, as part of a breakfast spread, or simply served warm with a pat of butter.
INGREDIENTS 8 SERVINGS
- 2 cups (500 milliliter) all purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon (15 milliliter) baking powder
- 1 package (28 grams) Ranch Style Dressing and Dip Mix
- 1/3 cup (82.5 milliliter) shortening
- 2/3 cup (165 milliliter) milk
- 1 Combine flour, baking powder and Ranch Dressing & Dip Mix. Cut in shortening until crumbly. Add milk and stir with fork just until moistened.
- 2 Turn out onto floured board, knead 10 to15 times until smooth. Roll out to ¾ inch (2 cm) thickness. Cut with 2 inch (5 cm) floured cookie cutter.
- 3 Place on baking sheet. Bake at 425°F (220°C) for 10 to 12 minutes or until browned. Serve warm.
- 4 Variation: replace Ranch Dressing & Dip Mix with one of the following Club House Salads’n Dips Dressing & Dip - Country Herb, Creamy Dill, French Onion, Toasted Onion.