This stuffing is sure to become a holiday favorite. Sweet tart cranberries and apples add color, flavour and texture to the stuffing.
INGREDIENTS 10 SERVINGS
- 1/2 cup (113 grams) butter
- 2 cups (500 milliliters) chopped celery
- 1 cup (250 milliliters) chopped onion
- 2 medium tart red apples , cored and chopped
- 1 package (170 grams) dried cranberries
- 1 teaspoon (5 milliliters) Parsley Flakes
- 1 teaspoon (5 milliliter) Rosemary Leaves
- 1 teaspoon (10 milliliter) Thyme Leaves
- 6 cups (4.5 liters) dry unseasoned bread cubes
- 14 1/2 ounces (430 milliliters) chicken broth
- 1 cup (250 milliliter) apple juice
- 1 Preheat oven to 325°F (160°C). Melt butter in large skillet on medium heat. Add celery and onion; cook and stir 5 minutes or until softened. Stir in apples, cranberries, parsley, rosemary and thyme.
- 2 Place bread cubes in large bowl. Add celery mixture, broth and apple juice; toss gently until well mixed. Spoon into lightly greased 13x9-inch (33x23-cm) baking dish. Cover with foil.
- 3 Bake 15 minutes. Remove foil; bake additional 20 minutes or until heated through and lightly browned.