Aromatic Tagine Seasoning adds a North African-inspired spin to classic Bolognaise (or Bolognese) pasta sauce. Serve sauce with cooked rigatoni, penne or spaghetti.
INGREDIENTS 8 SERVINGS
- 2 pound (1 kilogram) ground wild boar meat
- 1 tablespoon (15 milliliter) vegetable oil
- 1 cup (250 milliliter) each finely diced Spanish onions, carrots and celery
- 2 tablespoon & 2 tsp (40 mL) Tagine Seasoning Blend
- 1 package (25 gram) CLUB HOUSE BROWN GRAVY MIX
- 2 cups (500 milliliter) canned diced tomatoes
- 1/4 cup (60 milliliter) whipping cream (35%)
- 1 In large, heavy-bottom skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat; brown meat. Using slotted spoon, transfer meat to bowl. Return pan to stove; add vegetables. Sauté, stirring occasionally, until softened, 2 to 3 minutes.
- 2 Scrape meat and any juices back into pan; add Tagine Seasoning. Lower heat to medium-low; cook, stirring, for 2 minutes.
- 3 In bowl, stir tomatoes, gravy mix and 2 cups (500 mL) water; add to skillet. Bring to boil, stirring occasionally. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes.
- 4 Stir in whipping cream; simmer 4 minutes.
- 5 Test Kitchen Tip: If wild boar meat is unavailable, replace with equal parts ground pork and veal, or use ground lamb or beef instead.